Saturday, July 29, 2006:

Daughter!

Allright, I think I have it. Remind me to take a shower whenever I need to come up with an idea. It seems to work that way.



Online Songs
Blink 182
[camera direction included]

[Open on a blank table/desk in a room (my living room?). A young man walks in, drops a pad and pen on the table, and sits down. He picks up the pen and begins writing, and as he does, the lead singer walks into scene unoticed behind him and begins reading the words on the boy's paper over his shoulder, going between looking at the paper and the audience, as though he is reading to the audience.]

Josie
You're my source of most frustration
[constant paper look]Forget when I [shift stance to look over other shoulder]don't meet expectations
[singer dissapears, close on paper]Everything you wished came true
In the end we all blamed you
Even though as they all know [by this point, pulled out to see boy staring into space in thought]
You weren't the only [taps fingers on counts] one... two, three, four

[gituar break has cuts of gituarist playing alone in room with boy, again, unoticed]

[gituarist dissapears, boy gets up and walks over to window.]Why do you still keep it around
when you know it brings me down
I'm hating everything
[boy sees girlfriend and new boyfriend -played by the singer- standing in street outside]And I know that you've dated other guys
[closeup of kiss between gf and nbf before they walk out of scene, boy can be seen in window in BG]But I gotta wonder why
You'd leave it out for me (SHIT!) [on shit, as walking out of scene, nbf gives-single finger-gun-wink thing to audience]

[gituar break shows boy running outside, verse begins with him entering in street looking down street towards where he saw gf and nbf, who are now gone]

Why am I still hanging around
when I know it brings me down
I'm hating everything
[cut to camera following boy in from street into yard]And you are getting rides home in his car
You're making out in his front yard [pauses to turn to look at car in driveway as he's passing it]
And hating everything [runs towards house, camera doesnt' follow]

[in a basement somewhere (schumer's basement?), or some area of concrete influence (stanley demming fishwall?), the band in playing the chorus]

[zoom shot singer 3/4 left]Please don't remind me
[zoom shot singer 3/4 right]Put your past behind me
[straight on singer]It shines so bright it blinds me
I wish that this would end
[low floor shot of boy sitting in chair in same area as band plays in their spot in the background]Am I am not fine
[grabs his chest as in heart pains]Last night I saw you online
[falls on floor as in pain]Your screen name used to be mine
[falls limp as in giving up the fight to live]Why can't we just pretend

[next verse takes place at some restraunt/cafe (tuscan?)]

[grazing shot of a front window, boy comes into scene and presses face against window, staring inside intently]If we could have another day
I've got so much left to say
I'll tell you everything
[close to boy from inside cafe]And I'll laugh when I think about the past
When I see you after class
You're hating everything [at this point has pulled back throught cafe to show gf inside at a table, enjoying herself, with some person who remains unseen offscreen]

[cut to black, boy quickly backs his face out of camera in shock]Please don't remind me
[running away from cafe]Put your past behind me
[runs past band who is playing along the sidewalk, unoticed, runs off]It shines so bright it blinds me
I wish that this would end
[scene looking down the sidewalk as boy comes running toawrds camera, singer is leaning against the corner building, looking towards camera and sining]Am I am not fine
Last night I saw you online
Your screen name used to be mine
Why can't we just pretend

[busting into house throught front door]Please don't remind me
[close up of grabbing letter off table]Put your past behind me
[walking out of front door and away from house]It shines so bright it blinds me
I wish that this would end
[walking down street]Am I am not fine
[another angle, same scene]Last night I saw you online
[approaches mailbox of another house, band playing unoticed next to mailbox]Your screen name used to be mine
Why can't we just pretend
[putting letter in]And she said...
[band dissapears, wide shot of boy in front of mailbox, emphasing empty street, then fading into other scenes showing boy in emptyish places, final fading scene is him approaching stage (stanley demming?) where band is playing for a big crowd, now finally noticed]Na na na na na.... (I just forgot you were there...)

[singer straight face singing]Please don't remind me
[slow low rotate around band as singing]Put your past behind me
It shines so bright it blinds me
I wish that this would end
[boy fights through audience]Am I am not fine
[looking down from onstage, boy makes it to stage, looks at band]Last night I saw you online
[looks elsewhere]Your screen name used to be mine
[runs off back into crowd]Why can't we just pretend

[boy finds gf in crowd and pulls her out, then slow pan up to band still playing]Please don't remind me
Put your past behind me
It shines so bright it blinds me
I wish that this would end
[dynamic shots of band playing]Am I am not fine
[nother angle]Last night I saw you online
[nother angle]Your screen name used to be mine
[nother angle]Why can't we just pretend
[lower onto boy and gf, away from crowd with crowd in bg]And she said...
[gf turns from boy and walks off, boy looks down and dejected]Na na na na na

[While music fades out, fading cuts of same angle so it appears that the band, the crowd, the straglers, and finally, the boy, all fade out, eventually leaving an empty stage in background]



See, I have a feeling that Pat Slevin should play the young man because he seems quite emo as he stands. The members of player one could stand in as the band, and then the girlfriend could be played by Krystle with me as the new boyfriend. Personally, I like the key of adding insult to injury by having the singer of these tomrented emotions be the bastard that the girl went off with. I'm a bastard like that, but also I think it works with some of the beats in the song.

Now let's get cracking, people! Even if we need replacement people, this needs to get DONE.


F*R*A*G:
Just put on the blindfold and DRIVE! Vvvrrrmmm... (Crash into a wall? Start again. Vvvrrrmmmm...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home