Monday, May 22, 2006:

STFU and think before (I) you hurt (you)rself.

I'm a twisted bastard, on certain levels, and so I have to laugh at this.

The SCMRPG forums.

Okay, I'll let you know right now: Columbine was some serriously fucked up shit. I don't consider these kids heroes or anything, but I do think that they're people who should definately be looked at. Espically when (I or) even some of the people I know could very well be in their same position (to some extent or another...), and so suddenly it becomes rather importaint to figure out what it is that keeps kids who wear trenchcoats, have access to weapons, know how to create numerous types of explosives, and at some point have been ailenated from society, from becoming the kids who are using all those resources on their classmates. Do you disagree?

I don't see music and/or games being the cause. Music and emotions are undeniably tied together, but I've found that it is generally a person's emotions that dictates what music they listen to. As far as games...I've had DooM on my computer from the point where I figured out "hey, when I push these button things, each one does something specific on the t.v. part!" Desnsitized? Yeah, I won't deny that. But my parents made sure that I knew that it was only a game (along with all the other stuff on the computer), and that in real life things are different. It seems like a duh concept, but because that was set in me so young I have a much firmer concept of that, and honestly, if there's kids out there who play a game and then say "hey, I'm gonna go outside and do all that crazy shit today." then that kid's a lost hope allready, the parent's obviously did some crappy job raising them, and if they do end up getting killed or killing themselves, then that's darwinism, and it's probally a good thing that we're getting these people with blured perceptions out of the gene pool as the world moves ever foreward with the possibilities of the virtural world. And I'll let you know, I'm not desensitized to a rediculous point. The sight of a corpse still makes me queasy and...genearlly makes me shut the fuck up and think about mortality and the beauty of being alive. (side note at this point: Suck it.)

From a gamer perspective, the game isn't bad. But the whole thing is build on the RPG Maker system, and so I went and got that and am gonna be working on my own, so the gaming part I think is sorta void. Premise/story...well, I suppose that's the whole point. That's why I like this Columbin guy who created it. He gets it, and he says so in the forums. The game is not something that idolises these kids, nor is it some sort of instructional program on how to go on a killing spree (belive me, if someone is so inclined, it's the sort of thing they'll be able to figure out on their own). It a memorial. It's esentially the same as a wall on the site of a large battle. Play long enough into the game, and there is a long montage of pictures of people crying, and carnage and havoc and such. I gotta say, I'd be lying if I said I was unmoved. Then, of course, the game follows the boys into hell where they start killing plenty of DooM enemies, and even manage to meet Nitche.

I could go either way at this point...On the one hand, if it ended right after the "aftermath monolouge" it would be much more solemn and probally not have pissed off as many loose-liped critics (optional read as: flaming assholes) as it did, but at the same time, it moves on to prove a point: it is only a game. It has to go back to this origional point of making the difference between real life and games obvious. We do generally have problems when people run around and ruin kids fun because "red rover" isn't sensitive to Indians and fucking dogs. Native Americans. Whatever. You see my point. To have left it solemn would have been nice, but it also would have been a disservice. People need to realize that as soon as anything is taken to serriously, it looses the ability to be taken in a manner that might further mankind. Since I hate people that get on soap boxes saying what mankind needs to do, I'll stop this line now before I become one of them.

There's another good point that's brought up on the forum: Games depicting Vietnam or WWII or what have you are all out in stores, and why should war be treated differntly then this? I don't really think it should. Look at both: Innocents are killed, one way or another, bodies are lying around, there's explosions going off, there's people with weapons, and those same people are quite mentally unstable because of the things they've experienced in life. Now I ask you, which one did I just describe? By the way, Apocalypse Now depicted the horrors of war, and yet people world wide are still fighting and dying. Quite an effect these things seem to have...

To tell you the truth, one thing really freaked me out tho. While you're running around, you're dealing damage in the 60-200 area, and all the people are hitting back with like 3's. Not to mention the seemingly endless supply of weapons at your disposal. Yes, this increases that feeling of senceless massacre, but that's not the part that freaks me out. What gets to me is that back when I played DooM in my early days, I would always play with god mode and infinate weapons turned on. Granted, I did it because otherwise I was such suck back then that I would fall in a hole and die horribly cause I was not 1337majorskillz yet, but damnit if that's not esentailly the same thing.

...

By the way, when I say I have to laugh at it, I'm laughing at the radical flaming that's occuring, and not the senceless death. I'm a bit twised, but I'm not totally cracked you sick freaks.

No more of this tongiht.
F*R*A*G:
I hope this helps to explain that sensation you've been having. In your anus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home