Sunday, May 07, 2006:

Please place all metalic, explosive, or magical items in the tray.

So, I think I learned something. I think. Or I knew it allready but just never knew it. It's something cool to realize. The world is like a giant sand box. I always had this weird sort of preconception that things are differnet in differnet situations. Best example I can give is like a teacher is a teacher, but if you see one anywhere else, it can be rather surreal. Or like a buttler, or someone who wroks at a store, or anything like that. It wasn't until I wasa in a position like that that I finally learned that people are people, and wether or not they're working or in curch or whatever, they're still people.

So, that clearing up some really messed thinking proccesses, it opened the door for some other similarly liberating thought. Like...Cars don't need to follow the roads! The idea is that basically you can do whatever you want. Rules can only limit you if you choose to follow them. In the end, you are the only one to limit yourself. This is cool cause this means y'all can't stop me.

The only reason I mention this is because now that I'm the driver, a certain time honored tradition in my family has been taken for a new spin, and requires that I take some questionably legal turns around the town of Warwick. Also, it's given me more new insights to the origin of my ninja-ness.

Yes, now I'm the one who drives the car on dumpster diving/garbage pickin' night while my dad hangs out the door and nabs the cool shit.

Say what you will, but we got some awesome shit that way. Why, in the past week alone we picked up a light bar like they got on cop cars, 3 vacuum cleaners, a power washer, a stereo, a gituar amp, a couple of window fans, and almost a wheelchair...if we had had enough room for it.

Point is... the trick to being good at this is you need to be able to work under the cover of darkness, and you need to be quick you can nab the stuff and get away before the police/owner of the house arrive (even tho odds are they won't). Also, you gotta have a good eye to spot the good stuff in the first place. There is a good load of actual garbage out there...so you need to be able to pick out the good things. Then, of course, the biggest test of ninja is being able to make it home without waking mom who'll so totally beat the crap out of me and dad with a rolling pin because this'll make the 23rd thing we've brought home this week.

Now, while my dad does this because he has the amazing ability to fix crap which people throw out (helpful hint: the richer the people, the easier the fix/the cooler the stuff!), I have to put it to some other use.

I call it the pile of crap theory. It's based on certain principles. It's like this: I put as much crap in my room as possible. As I put more and more stuff in my room, the probably of being able to find things in my room goes up. Theorethically, if I get enough crap in my room, then I may be able to drive probability up high enough that I can begin to find things in my room because of probability alone, independent of wether or not it was ever put in my room to begin with.

Man, I love messing around with quantim mechanics. And I still belive that Thermodynamics has A LOT to do with lighting things on fire and then throwing them.

F*R*A*G:
Look'it that, Flip. You did something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home